Friday, July 12, 2013

Almost made the June goals... Rest of list will have to wait

I set a tough goal for myself to complete all unfinished projects I had either neglected and put to the bottom of my list while life sometime hit me with unexpected stuff (aka=Sh#%) lol or the list of requested projects from family that had deadlines looming, the goal was set because as I have explained to my family "no requests can be made on me during July, August and Sept while I try to focus on 'ME' and 'MY"art."
I intended to clear my head of 'others desires' and to try to focus on getting my voice back in my art work. I want to focus on Art quilting versus what I refer to as functional quilting, I want to do some drawing, designing and push myself to produce my own art while I get help via an online class that I am fortunate to be a part of via LisaCall.com [Abstraction].
I intend to try to blog a little during my art sabbatical about my class and my creations.
Until then I will share if I can get my IPad blogger program to cooperate some of the many projects I did manage to complete during June even with a two week vacation in MI.
I finally completed Claire and JB's guest bedroom bedspread quilt, made 30 hand dyed silk scarves for wedding shower take home gifts for my nieces shower in June, got the binding on a couple quilts that have sat in the pile for way too long, created wedding invites for nieces upcoming wedding, keeping up with my local quilt bee's projects, and finally got the 5 packages I needed to mail off to the post office $58.00 dollars postage but my reward: a nice clean dining room table :-).
We are headed to Chicago as I type away for another family celebration!
May the sun be shining where ever you are :-) Enjoy!

JB and Claire's guestroom quilt

A few of the 30 hand dyed silk scarves

close up of silk scarves

quilting done on a couple of the quilts completed while in Nancy Crow class long ago

Sister's quilt/one side her son's t-shirts

Other side quilt top completed by our mother

No comments: