Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bittersweet last quilt photographed on this bridge for me.

So I can finally post about the bittersweet feelings I had while taking photographs of my last quilt to be  completed while living at our Gainesville VA residence. Our time in VA is drawing to an end and we will soon be living in our new home which is in Quakertown PA.
This quilt was my last quilt that would to be quilted on my HQ16 machine while living in our Gainesville VA home. As had become my usual after completing a quilt or fiber creation I took the quilt outside just off our back yard to the Heritage Hunt 14th golf hole where there is a lovely little bridge. I usually would set up my quilts there and take photographs for my records or memories.
Gainesville VA home is on the right in this photo, then notice the path to the left.

The bridge on the 14th hole of Heritage hunt golf course
 How very bittersweet! I am very excited to be moving into our new home yet will miss this ritual and sweet bridge!
Baby quilt for my newest grandchild
Baby James Bronce Henderson V's baby quilt
detail of airplane

detail of car
My lovely daughter-in-heart, gave birth to my grandson Monday evening April 9, 2011
Meet my handsome grandson little James B. isn't he just perfect!

1 comment:

bevkimmel said...

What a wonderful baby quilt! I hope you find a beautiful new photo shoot scene at your new home.
That bridge was a great spot.