Thursday, January 20, 2011

Almost caught up

So I am feeling like I have almost caught up around my studio...lol that feeling might last for a day or two...
I got some free motion quilting completed today on a baby quilt I owe someone and I hope to have the binding on it sometime this weekend, maybe I can pass it on next week. ;-) THEN Check that off my got to-do list!
 I got a couple more sketches into my sketch book...this time completed some in color via markers, I think they were Bic "mark it" pens .... have to say I was not very impressed with the markers, looked cuter in the package...yet they did the trick? 
I also did a couple experimental thread pieces so I could post in a monthly fiber challenge; [this month you were to choose one item from two lists and create something]...I choose cotton muslin and thread...........
so here is one of my sketches AND then a thread drawing of the same...





Experimental thread piece.
Close up of first thread piece...needs to have color to define I think.

Tomorrow hubby and I drive over to the Eastern Shores..Cambridge area to explore..We've booked a room at the Hampton so we can stick around a little and see what we can find of interest in the area....Wish us luck....

No comments: