Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Handi Quilter rocks!

So if one recalls I had two items I wanted to fulfill after retiring as a reward to myself!  Things I had always wanted to do in the past but when one has a teacher’s schedule you just don’t take off to participate in workshops for your own pleasure or growth during the school year.  Conferences or workshops during the calendar year are always work related.  (BTW I’m not complaining here just stating facts….'Teachers really try not to take off during their contractual calendar time’.) So now back to me  ;-) lol,  Last week I went to Handi Quilter in Bountiful Utah to attend a U of HQ Retreat on my HQ16.  What a wonderful experience, one I highly recommend to anyone that owns or plans to purchase a Handi Quilter machine……or other mid-arm machine.  The owner of the company Mark  is very gracious and helpful!!!! P1000522

Here you see him taking us on a tour of the factory…they build them onsite!P1000524

 

 

 

 

The educators are wonderful….We had 4 individual instructors each presenting different projects.P1000581

P1000554

 

 

 

 

 

When I was flying into SALT LAKE I’d forgotten how beautiful an area it is…. it’s time to let go of my past dislike of flying through Salt Lake to get to  Sun Valley Idaho many moons ago…. heck it seemed every winter I was either stuck  in Salt Lake for hours on end or I also remember one winter holiday I flew all the way to Sun Valley and Cindy (my baby sister) then put me in her van and we drove back to Salt Lake for our skiing  since Sun Valley was lacking snow….lol.

oh well enough memories….

P1000562 P1000561back to quilting….The classes are well planned and the hotel they associate with is friendly, clean, and has an enjoyable pool &  hot tub to soak your sore muscles after a day of standing on your feet sewing. ;-)  We were also fortunate to have a surprise guest with a few of her very special quilts to view…Renae Haddadin  – www.renaequilts.com

P1000537

P1000531 

 

 

 

 

We studied threads and tension…..9 different threads to begin with ;-) then on to feathers….pantographs and trapunto….. One evening after dinner we made a trip to a local quilt store…Quilter’s Haven.  Joni Thomson  welcomed us with open arms.  She has a wonderful shop, look for it in Bountiful Utah.

www.QuiltersHaven-ut.com

P1000550 P1000548 P1000549

So I will leave you with a few of my various photos of my flight out and flights back…. it is an experience I highly recommend to all quilters!

No comments: