Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It’s 4th of July MI style!

costcogas So this is a first for Bill and I….

it’s 4th of July and we’re not going to be at Harsens Island or VA….we’re heading up north to the “Colliton Lodge” for a fun filled weekend of golfing for the men, floating in the lake for the women, and on Sunday we’re rafting from Gott’s Landing.  Now I’ve been thinking we were going to canoe the AuSable River but now am realizing the invite states Rafting  lol lol so time will reveal all! I actually vote for rafting..lol…my old body would much rather float casually then have to paddle a canoe. So time will tell…..stay tuned.midrive

We’ll also visit the famous Knot Hole Bar in Comins MI and during our visits to the Knot Hole I’m sure some will try to obtain membership ;-) I am a proud member already along with  my mom and Jan. (Jan Colliton-hostess with the mostest) So presently we’re driving good ole Highway I-75 north,  we made a short stop in Frankenmuth MI home of the famous Bronners Christmas store open 361 days micountrysidea year and chicken dinners probably served about that same many days a year….wanted to locate a cigar store for Bill. Notice my photo of the cute quaint shop. cigarstore

Now of course driving on I-75 on a Friday afternoon AND a holiday we’ve just (exit 164) hit bumper to bumper traffic….nothing out of the norm for I-75 on a weekend…..heck folks from Detroit do love their hideaways or summer homes up north! It till weed out to do-able traffic the farther we go up….

So Happy 4th of July to all and may we remember our servicemen in our prayers, keep them safe in their journeys.

No comments: