Sunday, May 31, 2009

It’s been a nice weekend!

So finally got my quilt completed and ‘how about this?’ A week before my deadline  lol  but  what is special about this quilt is it’s the first one I completed by myself on my HQ16!  Which let’s me know I have so much more to look forward to with my ‘semi’ new machine. (If one recalls I got my machine new in Dec the day before I had my hand surgery! Then my hand ended up being in cast for 4 weeks and much longer rehab then I had imagined. I needed that hand to even turn on my machine ;-) Now the exciting thing is my hand is back AND I ‘m retiring from teaching official July 1, 2009!.

My students are great and I am presently completing the last time I will teach my MS students clay.  It’s so much fun to watch the students create and then every time I open the kiln it’s like Christmas! Always fun to see what how the glazes have turned out.

Here are some of the items my students have just finished making.

So 3 more weeks of school year then my new journey begins!

Stay tuned!

 

1 comment:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Hello Teddi,
Thanks for entering my first giveaway..I am having so much fun meeting so many new bloggers from all over the globe. I will be following your blog especially love the fact that you teach art. My best school memories are of my art classes. Much of what I learned is all coming back to me now ;-) good luck with your quilting and I will be back.