Friday, March 6, 2009

Busy Busy week! yet.......

What an interesting week yet busy!..... Our last week we were all fighting germs at school if you remember? (work) Students out ill the worst I've seen in my 5 years of teaching in VA. I finally gave in by Thursday, dropped by doctor and stayed home Friday sick. Laid low all weekend trying to get rid of the germs......then snow hit our area come Sunday evening AND suddenly March 2-3 = 2 snow days! ;-) WOW! What a nice reprieve..it gave me time to regroup AND two days of sewing and time in my studio.
So this week I finally dragged out a pattern I bought with my daughter in Denver when my grandson was born 2 years ago. It's a great pattern, the most I ever spent on a pattern but that is because it was a "block of the month" quilt and the patterns are for 9 wonderful monsters! It's a great design and I promised my daughter I would make it for Caleb's big boy bed someday.
Well Caleb is getting a new sibling come Sept 09 so figured I'd better get started? lol I have 3 monsters on their squares and am trying out fabrics for the other 6....the patterns mention/suggest colors but the fabric choices are up the quilter.
This is going to be a fun quilt!
Then I also fit in a little experimental dyeing this week I made 5 pieces of fabric using Tahitian blue and a red..you'll see the blue on the left and the red on the right. I then mixed the red and blue together in various mixtures... The dark blue fabric was from another time. I am pleased with the end results.
Next week I hope to experiment with yellow and blue dyes......and maybe try solid coverage.

No comments: