Thursday, April 18, 2013

Wow I've neglected my blog

It's amazing how quickly my days fly by along the way I seem to have developed some new sad /or bad habits- neglecting my blog, I used to post at least once a week, sometimes even daily but now I  forget to share my thoughts, plans or new creations.
Somehow I hope to get back in the saddle, set new goals to post more along with setting a more consistent schedule for my art and studio time.
So a lot has happened since March, too much to share so I'll just try to catch you up on my past week or so…
The hubby and I took a pleasant road trip so we could attend classes at Arrowmont School of Art and Crafts. http://www.arrowmont.org/about-arrowmont/history  http://www.arrowmont.org/about-arrowmont/history
For anyone who does not know of the the school it was set up in Gatlinburg TN over 100 years ago to educate the surrounding settlers and in later years turned into Craft School to preserve and sell the crafts of the Appalachian area. This was my hubby's first time taking a class at this type of setting and I believe it was my 3rd or 4th time to attend Arrowmont.
The hubby's class was a digital photography class focus/ scenery, so he headed into the Smoky Mountain Park each day while I took a class on campus/ marbling on cotton and silks.
Here are a few photos of some of my marbled fabric.

A couple samples of my marbling on black silk 
A few samples of double or triple marbling
My stack of fabrics
A couple examples of my single marbling
Clothes line full of my work
One of my favorites/ marbled on hand dyed gold silk
I recommend signing up for a class sometime at Arrowmont Craft School if you ever have the chance, you will not be disappointed you can ask my hubby. ;-)
So now to get in my studio and decide how to use all my lovely marbled fabric.

1 comment:

Benedicte said...

It looks like you and your husband had a wonderful time! I love your marbling experiments. Glad to have you back in the blogosphere!