Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's T-shirt quilt time!

So I have so many projects I need to complete and quite a few of them hopefully in time for Christmas?
Eeekkkkkkkkkkkkk! Christmas is really just around the corner...

Well for now here's a little of my process when making a t-shirt quilt top. Little do my children really realize the time and effort that goes into the quilt. At least they relate to the "LOVE" part involved.

So first you get to gather the many t-shirts your someone feels are "Special for whatever reason to them"
make sure to be careful cutting the front and back apart I once in a hurry did not check the back of one of the t-shirts I was working with and cut right through an important item. ;-( luckily I was able to salvage my mistake.

So here are the t-shirts cut apart and laid out for consideration.
next you get to iron the t-shirt before adding your interfacing
measuring my interfacing
then you get to iron on your chosen interfacing

Yup you have to do this to each t-shirt
After ironing the interfacing to each of your t-shirts you then get to cut them into your various squares or rectangles and decide on your quilt top design. I promise to post more photos as the quilt top evolves.
I am working on two t-shirt quilts right now and I am trying to complete a new lap quilt for my mom...

Hoping to have this quilt top sewn together by end of day.


Well as I mentioned....I have so many projects so little time so it's time to get back to work.....

I have also set a new goal! I have been stuck making loads of functional quilts versus art quilting  recently...so look out January 2012 is going to be the month of ONLY art quilts.

Okay now so it's back to the studio for me......ttyl  

No comments: