Monday, March 14, 2011

Remember my recent classes?

I am heading up north to MI this week to spend some time with my folks.
In preparation for the trip I made sure to get my 3 fused art quilts ready for the process or step of adding embroidery stitches to create details or as Laura explained "The stitches add some pop to draw your viewers in closer."  It will be nice to have some handwork with me in MI to give me a feel of  working with fiber while I'm away from my sewing machine and work area.
Make sure to check out Laura Wasilowski's blog and website.
www.artfabrik.com or http://artfabrik.blogspot.com/  She mentioned little ole "Me" as a guest artist on her blog ;-) how great is that. ;-)
So here are my 3 pieces I've created after attending two days of class with her.
I am looking forward to dyeing some fabulous fabric of my own in the future and creating some of 'my own designs' via Laura's fusing techniques.
My first class- "Little landscapes" explained on her blog 20x21
My second class - centered more on stitchery 12x14.
"Little house on the hill" was one of her available patterns to try 18x18
I appreciate Laura sharing her experience, hints and techniques.
It will be nice to have something to work on during my time in MI.

No comments: