Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I had a great time in NJ last week!

Well lucky me! Last week I had the opportunity to take two (1 day) classes with Laura Wasilowski www.artfabrik.com on fusing fun! I had this opportunity in part thanks to my son JB and his wife Claire for letting me stay with them for half the week. Another bonus was the chance to spend some time with my grand-daughter Charlotte who will turn one in April. ;-)
Charlotte got to visit with both her grandma Teddi and her Nanny last Weds.
So the first class which was on Thursday, we learned the basics of fusing and created 4 little landscapes that will become a little wall quilt. This is mine so far...

Friday I got to go with Claire to Charlotte's music movement class. What fun she had...
Drumming away

Charlotte found the mirror at the end of class
So then Saturday I took a second class with Laura. In this class we first created a flower pot composition and then she centered on how one can add details through stitchery to help draw the viewer closer to the piece.
I got my composition completed and had just started stitching by end of class.So to complete my piece I must add embroidery or stitches.


I headed back to VA after the class ended, thankfully it was not a bad drive.
So my goal this week is to quilt and bind two of my quilt tops waiting patiently and hopefully begin stitching on my fused fabric art pieces.
Wish me luck......and have a great week!

No comments: