Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Busy busy time of the year....the holidays

Whoa..........where has this year gone? Can you believe it is December already?
Sadly if you've noticed I have been lax on my postings again too.
Last week I tried to refocus and complete some good ole fashioned functional quilting. "Functional" meaning more utility type items, such as lap quilts which I owe a few of my buddies and then one particular special Christmas present which is to be a surprise. Thus don't look for too many photos presently posted of my various projects.

But let's see...I did complete a scrap nine square block design lap quilt top that I hope to get quilted this week. I also completed a brown lap quilt top. So I have 3 various quilts to try to get on my HQ16 and quilted ASAP.
And thus this posting will have to be short...I NEED to stay focused ;-))) lol and get busy!

Last week besides quilting it was the Thanksgiving holiday and we headed to PA and NJ to celebrate with the kids and grandchildren. After a lovely dinner in West Chester Thurs. we got to explore Intercourse PA on Friday and hmmmmm what else? I purchased some fabric to back the projects I have needing to be quilted. Intercourse was a quaint little tourist city (Amish settlement) not too far from my daughter's house. On Sat. my husband Bill,  Keli (my daughter) and I drove over to Cranford, NJ to park in my son's JB's driveway and then we took the train into NY city to see the musical Memphis. What a grand time! Then it was back to VA and home sweet home.

Intercourse PA Quilt Store
Quilt Museum/Country Store, Intercourse PA


Shubert Theater, NY city

Keli and I loved Memphis.

No comments: