Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back to making some art...

So I am trying to get back to a few of my on going projects. The first project I hope to complete is my grand-daughter's wall quilt. It was requested that the theme be a castle, (think Scottish castle) So here are a few of the steps I have completed so far... I decided to use painted canvas instead of fabric so first step of the process was to paint canvas. 
I'm making this a quick post so I can get back to work.  Here are photos of the piece so far....
Enjoy my photos and I'll try to be back to post soon.....
Step one: I painted canvas I've taped to my basement floor.
Next cut up canvas and create the composition

Now I sew the pieces together yup that's masking tape instead of pins holding it together

Close up of stitching.

No comments: