Thursday, January 14, 2010

LEAP!

Okay so it’s been too long since I posted!  Much too long!  Wish I could give a good explanation why but then I would have to admit a few or many of my shortcomings…. during my time off I was following one of my favorite high energy quilters throughout the holidays Pat Sloan  http://patsloan.typepad.com/pat_sloans_corner/  Pat asked her readers if we had picked a word yet for 2010?  Funny how I found it easy to think of my word , I even posted on her blogs or FB, ( I have no idea how she has the energy to do all she does, we all keep requesting she bottle her secret and hand it out ;-) OKAY back to me…..  lol….it’s so easy to shift from me then procrastinate….Anyway my word for 2010 is LEAP! I was thinking I have always found it so easy to put off myself, you know how it is ladies…we are care takers, we tend to find it much easier to take care of others then LEAP! For years I’ve taught others to feel free to develop their art, to believe in their God-given talents, yet I let my career help me not take the Leap as far as my own art was concerned. It’s very hard for some to imagine their creations are worthy, can be enjoyed, can be appreciated. Still to this day I question my own creations or ideas and let my thoughts build in my mind versus as in ‘new lingo’ a hard copy. So with this in mind I hope to stay focused and make my LEAP in 2010.
I have been very busy during my time away from my blog.  Life has kept me much too busy since I retired in June, so many life happenings have kept me busy…most I’ve already shared. I have been very blessed. During the past two months I had wonderful holiday times with my family as we all managed to gather in MI some driving through miserable weather from CO (with two babies aged about 3 months and 2 3/4) , my hubby and I driving from VA, we got out just in time to miss their record breaking snow storm.  My son and his wife flew successfully out of NY/NJ to MI.  I was reminded while sharing this picture of two of my favorite guys ;-) my dad (88yr young) and son JB. jbanddad




The next picture is some of the rest of the gang along with my mom as we celebrated Christmas Eve day with my sister’s and their families. My parents were married 64 years Dec 27. kidsandmom





Christmas holidays went by much too quickly, the long drive back and forth along with the many other trips I’ve taken since June unfortunately flared up some of health issues I share with many aging adults. My husband calls “IT” my lumbago [n. A painful condition of the lower back, as one resulting from muscle strain or a slipped disk.]  Though I had 3 out patient injections in Nov and Dec in hopes of instant cure, we all know some things take time and even PT. ;-) so while keeping in mind my future commitment to my chosen word LEAP,  I also designated January 2010 a month to fulfill the promise I made to my doctor to finally stay put in one place and rehab all month. I want to beat this or learn as many others to live as comfortable as possible with my arthritis. Happily I can say I have not missed the pool rehab since Dec28 and PT appointments continue to not be missed.  I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I intend to aim towards my art once again. First step: I  must finish a few late Christmas presents ;-0 then as I posted on Pat’s blog , think “LEAP”!


No comments: