Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It’s been quite the month!

So it has been a very busy month! Lots of closures for me and now the doors are wide open for a wonderful new chapter once again!

P1060134I started off my month up north in MI at a wedding shower for my son and my future daughter in heart! ;-) the last of my children’s weddings is Sept 26,09.  It’s going to be grand!  I’ll have a brand new grand-daughter too expected Sept  6,2009. 

Next I had to complete my last June of public school teaching! We worked till June 19. The latest calendar year I’ve ever taught..lol….. I decided to retire this year. I began in education Sept 1973…. I still love5 the students but at my age  found it too hard to have new administration that stumbled around and I found myself much to old to want to stick around while they hopefully get things figured out. Luckily I discovered I was vested end of this contractual year soooooooo I took the chicken shit way out!!! One thing though it ended up being a lot of hard work those final weeks….had to clean out so many years of teaching supplies and wanted to leave my art room as a clean slate for the new teacher to come in and make the room theirs…so wow I found myself very drained and sore  lol I felt like I filled the dumpster over and over myself!P1060313

I NOW feel my Angels were maybe just letting me know it is time for me……. I am really looking forward to trying to focus on my art!

Finally got to do some sewing today! and luckily figured out how to make (sew) some Christmas stockings for the soon to be newlyweds…. ;-) We head up to MI Friday for a two week vacation. I’m  P1060334to attend the second wedding shower…visit with my folks, do some work on Oneida as usual, basically a working vacation….yet we also get to head up north with family over the 4th to do some canoeing on the Ausable River. ;-) that should be fun….

No comments: