Saturday, March 14, 2009

Life sure gets in the way...













So I am wondering how any quilt artist gets to be 100% focused?
Shoot even with my kids grown to adulthood stuff just gets in my way? Oh Well enough lamenting......
This week has been very busy time for me at work. It's that time of the year again...Did you know March is "National Youth Art Month" so to coincide our County Arts Festival takes place sometime during March. This year it will be March 26-27,2009.
Well it means we county art teachers need to get our student artwork ready to display. It's lots of work, but I love to display my student's work!! Even after 35 years of teaching.........
But back to my point...it has been busy week trying to organize, sort, mat and labeling student work.
To add to the turmoil my folks are both ill in MI (Remember I work and presently live in VA) and now as of last night both my folks are in the same hospital (across the hall from each other) with only one of my sisters having to do all the grunt work while she is also still trying to work at her job as educator due to us other 3 siblings being scattered around the U.S. I am trying hard to get my show items labeled,organized and completed due to possible emergency trips up north. My hubby and I are ticketed for fast 3 day weekend next weekend to see folks.
Then I am of course also have my yahoo art quilt book club so have homework there to get completed and posted, lol sure in my spare time. I have managed to get the 9 monsters for my grandson's quilt all fused and ready for me to complete by July deadline. Will add to the to-do pile. lol lol but oh well guess such is life.....
I've posted some various photos on my student's work...aren't the two 18x24 8th grade tempera paintings nice? I really do enjoy my students creations. Notice one photo is of the friendly monsters.
Oh well stay tuned...I am hoping next week life slows down a little so this quilter can possibly focus on quilting?

No comments: