Sunday, March 29, 2009

It was busy work week… soon it will be EASTER/Spring break..Hawaii here I come…

So this past weekend I worked the annual Fauquier County Arts Festival… It has amazed me during my 5 years teaching in VA how over 26 art instructors gather and put up an amazing student art display and along with us the music departments/instructors organize many wonderful performances that our parents have the pleasure of viewing during the 2 day festival.

We Art teachers show up on Thursday (after 3:00pm and a full day of teaching) and quickly somehow set up a wonderful display of easily over 1500 pieces of art. I know I had over 125 objects on display and then of course we also have the traveling show on display down the long hallway (which I have 8 students represented in). THEN the amazing part is just as quick as we put up the show we teachers have the show torn down and repacked…The show ended at 3:00 Saturday afternoon and my stuff was back in my car by 3:40 and as you can see from the photos most of the gym was emptied by then. School takes place Monday as though nothing ever took place… ;-)

The show was outstanding as usual!

1 comment:

bee said...

YES it was amazing... you all did a great job and to top that the new school was a great place to show it all!!! good job to all of you Fauquier County School employees (and the Rappahannock and Culpeper band teachers too!)

Have fun in Hawaii!! and see you on Retreat :-)