Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Soon I will be making art again!

I finally focused and dug into the mess in our basement today..boxes boxes everywhere.
I've got them sorted and thankfully many emptied. ;-) My agenda was to organize a dyeing area and a painting area so I can finally get back to making ART! I am happy to report I think I was successful.
It was a long day's work but I am happy to report I now have an area to begin dyeing my silk again AND an area to begin painting our bunk beds with Annie Sloan paint so I can get one guest room set up for the grand-kids someday soon.
I am not sure I took a before photo of the mess of boxes when we moved in…but just picture the area in my photo as solid stacks of boxes as far as you can see…
This is what the basement looks like now as we come down the steps.

This corner is where I will be dyeing my silks ;-) buckets lined up and ready.

The other side will be my painting area.

Found these old art pieces I created in the past, it's funny how one can forget things they've packed away.
So here's a question for other artists..what do you do with your old art work?
Do you keep it around or throw it away?

Well little by little I am finally feeling like we are getting unpacked and settled in..
Tomorrow I hope to spend the afternoon in my quilting studio I really need to get that room settled so I can begin to focus and spend my time making art again…
Just keep smiling and making art…


No comments: