Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wow life sure gets in the way!

Well sadly I have been caught in a whirlwind of obligations and sadly have not quilted for a couple weeks!!!! I'm not saying my thoughts have not been on quilting but I sadly just have not been at my sewing machine! The good thing is I took this time to have my sewing machine serviced which was good, since I knew that I had had some invisible thread sneak where it should not have been. Did you know that stuff can be very sneaky and then sadly warms up and stretches into even more nicks or cranny's? Then the invisible thread cools and hardens which can slow your machine down. Well the good news I pick my machine up tomorrow and it will be like new. But still no quilting for another week! I'm heading to Hawaii Saturday for a well deserved week of rest.
Now to share a little of the obligations.......I have been busy with some mandatory doctor appointments, which should all turn out fine but the big job or obligation this time of year was getting my student's work readied for the annual Fauquier County Arts Festival. I was thrilled to find out that one of my 6th graders tempera batik paintings was chosen to go on from our county show to a State competition representing the whole County middle school category so that was fulfilling. I am so proud of my young student. Wish I could take credit but cannot, I only taught her the technique, which she took instruction well; the design and composition is proud to say all hers. I look forward to having this young lady as a 7th and 8th grader. Would love to hear what y'all think of her painting?

No comments: