Sunday, August 3, 2014

Modern Quilt Guild Michael Miller Challenge

Many of us Modern Quilt Guild members signed up to participate in a Michael Miller Challenge.
I along with many of my NJ Modern Quilt Guild buddies decided that we would participate and one of the NJ guild's idea was to include curves somehow into our designs.
I began by sewing together strips of curves of the challenge fabric  
From there I decided to cut the new fabric into strips
I decided to start to create some semi log cabin squares
Along the way I kept adding the squares to the design board
You might notice the design took on a life of it's own.

Close up of stitching

Finished in time and posted on the Modern Quilt guild site along with over 700 other entries.
Was a lot of fun and great practice to be be challenged to create something original.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Awesome quilt, I love what you did with the challenge! I really like how the curved seams make the square-in-squares look like they are curved.